Thursday, October 13, 2011

Freezer Meals

As part of my new routine with work, I've been trying to be a good wife and have some sort of meal planned for my husband for dinner. He gets home from work, and I basically run out the door at the same time, so it has to be something already done, or easy for him to prepare.

The last couple weeks I've been putting away some freezer meals.
I would LOVE to get to the point where I made about 10-12 freezer meals at one time and then they would be done for the entire month, but I'm not to that point yet.
So far, I've been making a meal for that night and then making a second one (it's no more work to make two meals than just one) to put in the freezer.

Lately, I've been using recipes from my mom's 
Once-A-Month-Cooking book

Last night I made the Cheesy Corn Casserole.
This is why it's so easy for my husband....
He pulls it out of the freezer and I've written all the instructions on the foil.
Date: 10/11
Name of Dish: Cheesy Corn Casserole
Additional instructions: Add the mozzerella cheese on top
Baking temp and time: 350 for 30 min


Easy peesy, right?

I'm hoping to get more of these in the freezer in the next few weeks, and I won't have to hear "Honey? What's for US for dinner?" =)

Since I was home last night, I took a suggestion from the bottom of the recipe and made these Pumpkin Spice Muffins to go with our meal.

He may have to come up with his own sides in the future though. =)

No comments: