Friday, January 13, 2012

Back in the Groove

I have to confess that over the holidays I really fell off the couponing bandwagon. There was just so much going on, that the newspapers were piling up everywhere. If I was going to the store for something specific, I would frantically search for the coupon I wanted, but other than that it was kind of a lost cause.

Now that the busy holidays are over, I decided it was time to get back in the groove.
My coupon organization really needed updating though.

I had a file box that I kept all my inserts in, but I was just putting them week by week
into the hanging folders... I hadn't bought any file folders to go inside them.

Needless to say, I quickly ran out of room and then I was missing the hanging folder when I put them in and they'd fall to the bottom of the bin.... you get the picture.

I decided I needed to re-vamp my file box. So yesterday at Target I bought some neat
file folders that have erasable labels! Handy right?
They I started the job of going through and throwing out all the old inserts with expired coupons and all the new papers I had that I hadn't even pulled out the inserts yet


So now I have them organized by each week in it's own separate file folder and then all the file folders for each month in a hanging folder. I'm going with that for now, and then I'll see how it works. =)
I also have some sections for misc coupons, like craft stores, Albertsons and Target because sometimes I get store coupons for those that I might keep separate.

Hopefully I can keep up the couponing better this time around.
I'm not trying to be an extreme couponer, but I feel like it's worth putting a little effort into if I can save some money on things we'd normally buy.

No comments: