Sunday, June 24, 2012

Nearing the End


I haven't been very inspired to post the last few days. I am getting down to the last few days of this pregnancy and I have to admit - I'm tired, stiff and sore. I've whittled down my to-do list pretty well, but I have definitely felt the effects of it on my hips and back the last few days. I feel like a pretty sucky mommy at the moment because Malachi wants me to go for walks and play on the floor and I just don't have the energy - or the patience for any misbehavior either.


I have finished up four more freezer meals - which brings my total to 18! That's not counting my 10 breakfast burritos. I did my last grocery shopping trip and stocked up on milk and bread in the freezer... hopefully those extra staples last us until I've recovered enough for another shopping trip after surgery (not that my husband is not capable of buying milk or bread... but it could be dangerous to send him to the store ALONE for groceries. Never know what he may come back with!)


I finally pulled down my breast pump and had my husband un-earth all the accessories out of a box that was still in the garage from moving. I put everything in the sink to soak and cleaned and disinfected everything - about time! I was actually making myself a little nervous that something would happen and I'd end up in the hospital before finding all the pieces!


I also got the car seats re-arranged and installed in my car! I'm not quite sure how this is all going to work with the car seats. My 3-year-old can obviously get into his car seat on his own, but needs help being buckled in.... and sometimes he just doesn't WANT to get in. Now he's going to be on the other side of the backseat.... not very accessible unless I go around to the passenger side of the car.... I guess we'll see what happens.


Today is my last day of work, tomorrow is my last doctor's appointment and then Tuesday morning baby will be here! I'm excited and nervous at the same time! =)



No comments: