Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pregnancy Wrap-Up

Here I am at 40 weeks! By the time this posts, our new little guy will be here! Hooray!


I thought I'd do one last wrap-up of my pregnancy thoughts and stats. =)
Stats:
Weight Gain:
149lbs - which brings the grand total of weight gained to 24lbs! Whoohoo! Way better than the 40lbs that I gained with Malachi by the end! I actually lost 2lbs this week, although I have NO idea how that happened considering how much I ate. =)
Baby Size:
They are saying I'm measuring "right on" whatever that means. Malachi was two weeks ahead of schedule and 8 eights late and he was 8lbs 13oz. I'm very curious to see what "on-time" and "average" end up being. =)
Pregnancy Annoyances:
Cankles have finally arrived. I had to take my engagement ring off the other day because it was cutting of my circulation.... it's back on now, but I'm definitely getting some swelling here and there. I feel like I'm a lot more stiff and sore in my hips this pregnancy... I don't know if that's just because I don't remember or because I'm old now! Sleep is still terrible and my poor tummy is still stretching and itching like crazy.


Final Thoughts:
*I have decided I am not one of those women who "love being pregnant". Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with those people. I have fairly good pregnancies and I don't love it. It's awkward and fairly inconvenient I think.
*I'm getting a lot of questions like, "oh, you're having another boy! Are you going to try for a girl?" Honestly, I don't know. It would be nice to have a girl, I suppose, but I want to see how I handle two first. And... I'm feeling like I really will probably wait another 2-3 years again because I'm liking the age span. By then I'll be 33 and my husband will be 37, sooooo.... again.... I don't know.
*I think it is more scary the second time having a baby. I'm sitting here tonight thinking of what tomorrow is going to bring and how this time I actually kind of KNOW what I'm getting myself into. I know what the recovery of a C-Section entails. I know what a newborn is like. AND I know what my current child is like... only without the complications of a second one! Makes me nervous just sitting here thinking about it all!


No comments: