I have been having so much fun with my mantle at our new house! I've never had one before and it's really been fun trying to figure out what to do with it! I've been tweaking things here and there, but I think it's almost finished.
My final addition to this one was a burlap bunting. I haven't decided what I'm going to hang on the wall above the mantle yet. I have two different mirrors I could put up or pictures... but I just haven't decided.
Anyway... this is what I came up with. I used this template for cutting out my bunting triangles.
I bought some acrylic paint, sponge brushes and alphabet stencils at Wal-Mart. I had the twine already. I spent an evening after the boys were in bed stenciling all my letters onto my burlap bunting.
Then I hot-glued the burlap around the twine. Unfortunately, I ran out of glue for my glue gun (it was surprising I could even find the glue gun!), so that's why the "Thanks" portion is pinned with mini clothespins for the moment. =) After all that work, I wasn't about to not get it up somehow!