Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Currently...

1. I just finished the second book in the Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth. I can't believe I have to wait A YEAR to find out what happens. Seriously... this is why I usually wait until the whole series is out before I start reading it.

2. I have a lot left to unpack from our move, but I've squirreled most of it away into the back bonus room so that Malachi is the one who has to look at it most of the time. =)

3. I have been spending WAY too much time on Pinterest lately.

4. I am planning a Jane Austen bunco party at my house next month - and getting super excited about all the fun prizes and food and decoration I'm going to have.

5. Our new house has a fireplace with a mantle! I've been super excited to decorate it. Here's the beginning of my Fall mantle:
Oil lamp from Grandma's | Harvest jar candle | Picture of Malachi | 3 votives covered with burlap | Pumpkin 
pillar candle w/ acorn & leaf ring from World Market | Two old frames from Grandma's | Malachi's baby 
pumpkin from the Cider Mill | Hurricane holder from Partylite | Leaf garland from Dollar Tree 
I have a burlap project to finish it off.... but I've either misplaced or used up all my burlap...

6. I'm trying to get through the BBC's version of Jane Austen's Persuasion. Usually I don't like to watch a movie before I read the book, but Austen novels are the exception. I've decided the novels are so involved that it actually helps me keep it all straight to watch a movie first. So... the next book on my list is Persuasion, which will fulfill one of my Fall reading goals and 2012 goals. =)

7. Last night I baked my first pumpkin recipe of the season - Banana Pumpkin Muffins. The recipe said it made 12 muffins, so I doubled it. We got almost 3 dozen muffins... hmm...

8. My friend Lisa came over a couple days ago and helped me cut Malachi's hair with our clippers. I usually spend about $18 every couple months to take him to the local children's salon. He has a crazy cowlick in the back and it always grows out weird. I'm thinking I can do this... and save myself some money and cut the cowlick back whenever it needs it, rather than when I have the money. Apparently I need to get some thinning shears though....


No comments: