Friday, December 28, 2012

1st Batch Homemade Baby Food!

I can't believe its time for solid baby food already!! Okay... maybe solid is a slight stretch of the idea, but you know what I mean. I got a Magic Baby Bullet for my shower gift and I have just been itching to get it out to use it!!!

I made all my own baby food for Malachi and I'm so glad I did. This time around I already have have my cookbook (Cooking for Baby: Wholesome, Homemade, Delicious Foods for 6 to 18 Months)and now my new Baby Bullet. =)

Zachary has been lunging for my food lately. He tried to grab my to-go espresso cup the other day and was gnawing on the lid. When I attempted to get it back he had a fit! He also tried to get my pizza from me the other night at my in-laws... so I'm thinking he's definitely ready to start giving him some food.

My first concoction - brown rice cereal! So much more nutritious than that yucky stuff you buy in a box in the store (although, I DO confess that is what Malachi got for his first meal).

One recipe made up 12 of these little serving cups. He ate one, 6 went in the fridge and 5 went in the freezer. I think he is having a big of a hard time figuring out how to keep the food in his mouth, so I think we may be attempting something with a little more flavor here pretty soon.... sweet potatoes maybe?


No comments: