Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas is Coming!

Finally I am sitting down to write a post to catch up on everything we've been doing lately!! I feel like we've been so busy, but I supposed that is typical for this time of the year.

So what HAVE we been up too?

Well, we having been getting together weekly with some other moms and their boys and watching a video series of Dr. James Dobson's Bringing Up Boys. It's been a great series and fun to get together with other moms. I've been bringing them home one DVD at a time to watch with my husband at home also. I like the series a lot and although I may not always agree with everything, I feel like any good parenting advice you can glean is worth it!

Everyday we've been on the lookout for Zouff the Elf coming to visit us!! I will have to re-create a couple days because I forgot to take pictures, but it's been lots of fun and Malachi has been so excited to find him every morning.

Malachi and I made his first every gingerbread house today! He was so proud and excited! 

Yesterday we went to pick out our Christmas tree and Malachi helped me decorate it. This is the first year since we've been married that our tree wasn't about 9 ft tall. It was kinda nice to be able to decorate without a ladder this year. I'm a little picking about my ornament placements, but my helper did a great job and we only lost two ornaments.... one being my fault.

Lastly, my mom came over one day and we had a Christmas crafting day! She brought her projects over with her sewing machine and helped me cut out my projects so that we could stream-line the process. Of course, we were so industrious that we forgot to take pictures!! But, I feel like I'm actually going to finish mine, so I'm extremely grateful for the help and motivation! I was afraid that I would never get them done (even as simple as they are...) with two little boys demanding my attention.

I still have the boys Christmas presents to buy and my mom and I will have to have another crafting day to finish up our homemade gifts. I will have another post with our Zouff the Elf pictures!!


No comments: