Monday, April 28, 2014

Kindergarten Bound

selfie
My oldest is growing up way to fast. I know that's totally cliche and all, but seriously, how have we gotten to this day? I just picked up paperwork for Kindergarten... for this Fall... for MY child. Yikes! 

Didn't I just bring him home from the hospital as that adorable little baby? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since people have been asking me since this past Fall why he's not in school. He's so tall that everyone assumes he should already be in Kindergarten at least. I've been proudly declaring to them all "he's only four!" but that doesn't really work anymore.

I've had some plans for this coming year - I was hoping to get him enrolled in an out-of-district Montessori school, but we are very far down the waiting list, so I took that as God's way of telling me he's not meant to be there - at least this year. But we've been working on that awhile and it just felt like it was still so far away. This seems closer - too close. 

When I went to pick up the paperwork today they informed me that they are having a "Kindergarten Round-Up" or some such craziness where we can go see the classrooms on Wednesday.... what? I'm not ready for that! Malachi on the other hand thought it sounded really cool. And of course I want to meet the teachers and see the classrooms... really.

Anyway... I am just not ready for it. I'm nervous and maybe a tiny bit heartbroken that this big milestone means he's growing up. Good thing I have all summer to adjust! =)


No comments: