Saturday, December 22, 2012

Fall Into Reading Wrap-Up Post 2012

I cannot believe we've almost come to the end of 2012! Where did this year go??
Well, for this challenge, I set out to finish up my reading goals for 2012 and get some books off my TBR pile. I think I was more successful with the first goal than the second.

My original list (see the original post here):
Finish - The Strong-Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson
Finish - Unlocked by Courtney Milan - COMPLETED
Awakening by Karice Bolton (The Watchers Trilogy #1)- COMPLETED
Persuasion by Jane Austen (2012 Goal book) - COMPLETED 
Home Improvement by Charlaine Harris (this one has been on my shelf for awhile)
Divergent by Veronica Roth (Divergent #1) (this has been on my to-read list forever!) - COMPLETED
Out for Blood by Kristen Painter

So, out of these seven books, I completed only four! This seems a little sad, but I did read Persuasion which was one of my 2012 Goals to read one Jane Austen novel this year. Also, I was planning to read Out for Blood but my pre-order has yet to come (!!) which is annoying, so I need to contact the Book Depository to find out where it went - so that was a little beyond my control. I didn't finish The Strong-Willed Child, but I did watch a whole video series on Bringing Up Boys by Dr. Dobson, so I think it might have been a little Dobson overkill to read this book also.

Then there are all the OTHER books I read that I didn't have on my original list:
Legions by Karice Bolton (The Watchers Triology #2)
Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Divergent #2)
Abby: Mail Order Bride by Verna Clay
Promise by Kristie Cook (Soul Savers #1)
The Preacher's Bride by Jody Hedlund
Wool Omnibus (Books #1-5) by Hugh Howey
Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund
The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund
A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer
A Change of Fortune by Jen Turano
The Apothacary's Daughter by Julie Klassen
Wildflowers from Winter by Katie Ganshert
How Do You Tuck In A Superhero? by Rachel Balducci

So I had 13 books that I read that were not on my original list, which makes for a total of 17 during the course of Fall Into Reading 2012. I think that was a pretty successful reading challenge - even if I didn't read the books I was planning on!


No comments: